Re: Dark-Sky Community: Rental instead of Ownership

David Oesper

Hi Steve,

I'm no expert on timeshares, but I think of those as vacation rentals. My dark-sky community idea is different. Basically,

  1. Residents of the DSC will rent a house or apartment as their primary residence.
  2. Lodging will be available for guests and visitors.
  3. The benefit corporation running the DSC will own the houses, apartments, and guest lodging, and it will also build and own observatories used by its residents and visitors. Just as you own the things you move into your house or apartment, residents that want their own private observatory will own the equipment in it. When you leave the DSC, you take your equipment with you, but the observatory stays behind.